I can’t believe its been three weeks since my last post! So many things going on with the holiday season gearing up, so I’ll give you the highlights! And try to get some photos in here soon!
- The tomatoes I direct seeded during the summer are doing super! The plant is heavy with fruit and I’m still panicked that we’ll get a freeze and I’ll lose them all, but it’s 75ºF out today so I guess I’ll try to relax. If they’d just hurry up and ripen!
- I’m still picking cherry tomatoes. They’re actually doing a ton better than they did all summer.
- I’ve got broccoli, beets, collards, kale, mustard, lettuce, and baby bok choy looking happy as clams in the garden!
- I’m finally getting delicious and crispy radishes!
And now for the bad news …
- Property management is cracking down on what they’ve termed “excessive plants.” I don’t know if my little garden will be around come spring. I’ve talked to management, but it looks like two different managers are at odds about what is deemed acceptable and what is not.
- The skinny, little, white cat someone dumped near our building is now fat and healthy … and using my garden as her own personal litter box. Except for the wooden box filled with bunching onions. She sleeps there.
Who knows what spring will bring? I’m still anxiously planning what to grow in next year’s garden even as this years continues to thrive. I’m thinking about growing a lot more tomatoes. Maybe I can hide them on the roof.
2 thoughts on “Yikes!”
Oh no! I hope you can find a solution for your garden! My mom had a similar problem and moved to a community garden. Maybe you have one in your area?
And love the new cat! 🙂
I’ll have to look around to see if we’ve got something like that around here. I’m just so freaked out. Gardening is my anti-TV!